It is that time of year where….if you have done the appropriate marketing work….you have lots of potential new clients walking through your doors. Are you ready for them? Do you and your staff have a specific plan on how to show these potential new clients how you and your staff can be the ticket to their fitness success?
We have a system that all of our trainers use when conducting a first session with a potential new client. This system allows each trainer to use his/her own style, but gives them a guideline on the specific pieces of the puzzle that will lead the potential new client to make a commitment to their fitness and to your business.
Don’t forget to sign up to automatically receive my latest blog posts in your inbox.
Right up here!
Watch this 4 minute video where I walk you through the approach we take:
- Review the CIQ’s (Customer Information Questionnaire) and have a couple articles ready for them that relate to their goals.
- Want to see our CIQ and watch a full video explaining exactly how we conduct our comp sessions? Get my Make or Break First Session With Potential New Client eVideo. Share with staff and watch as many times as you want!
- Highlight their CIQ’s.
- Have a few exercises written out for them that you can go over during their comp session.
- Get a rough draft of their weekly schedule ready.
- If you don’t have their CIQ 2 days before the comp be proactive and track it down.
- Make sure your office (or the space you will be using to conduct the comp session) is neat and organized.
- Have a copy of the results manual or your resource tool available.
- Make sure you have a BP cuff.
- Ensure the potential new client is already entered into your scheduling system so when it is time to sign him/her up it is quick and easy. (We use, love and rely on Mindbody Online for managing schedules, payroll, product sales, time clocks, client information and more. Go HERE to learn more about Mindbody Online. You can also get 50% off your first 3 months!)
- Have a copy of your updated master schedule ready.
- Make sure the fitness floor looks clean and tidy!! First impressions make a huge difference!
BE SALES READY!
- Review the “Overcoming obstacles to sales“, part 2, part 3, part 4 & part 5.
- Know what specials are currently being offered at your facility.
- Leave enough time for the sales portion so you can address any questions that they might have!
Yours in health, fitness & business,
Looking for ideas on how to get more complementary sessions scheduled? Try these past blog posts:
Get my Make or Break Your First Session With a Potential New Client eVideo for only $79.99!
Normally $99.99. Through February 15th. I will train you and your staff to use the same system we use to close nearly %100 of new clients after their first session. Watch as many times as you like. Use over and over.
Hey did you know that I wrote the ONLY complete training business system designed to help you run a million dollar personal training business?! You can have this same business system that will help you work SMARTER and generate HUGE profits like we do here at Northwest Personal Training. The fee to purchase the Business of Personal Training System can be made up within 1 month of increased PT sales and there are NO recurring franchise or licensing fees. A comparable business system in other industries would require an initial investment of tens of thousands of dollars.
DON’T REINVENT THE WHEEL! Let us give YOU the systems that we know work!