One of the tasks that is included in our yearly marketing plan each year is for our Fitness & Training Director to schedule on floor trainer reviews with each of our personal trainers. If you haven’t included this in your yearly marketing plan it isn’t too late! Remember, your clients expect the very best from you and your team. Spending time with each of your personal trainers (rookies and experienced trainers) helps the trainer hone in on what is expected of himself/herself and allows you to give constructive feedback. Make sure your standards are being met. Take the time to conduct on floor trainer reviews with your staff!
Here are a couple of the things our Fitness & Training Director will be looking for:
- Arrives early and prepared for session
- Appropriate attire, hygiene and speech
- Gives a warm greeting to client
- Checks with client on the status of their workouts/fitness routine
- Has client sign in for session
- Finishes session on time
- Teaches exercises using an appropriate style (explain, demonstrate, client practices, quizzing)
- Session is dynamic and interactive
- Offers regular and appropriate eye contact
- Body language demonstrates focus and attention on client / Hands-on spotting
Don’t forget to sign up to automatically receive my latest blog posts in your inbox!
Right up here!
Send a message to your team letting them know when you will be reviewing them and ask them to take a moment to review the task you will be evaluating them on so they know what to expect! Also remind them that this review is a fantastic opportunity for them to:
- Get an outside perspective on your training protocol with your clients.
- Brainstorm on what might be missing from that clients programming.
- Areas where you are doing really great and areas where you could improve.
Want to learn exactly how we conduct our on floor reviews and follow along with everything we do here at NWPT? Try our Mastermind Group…it is like getting consulting for your Personal Training business for a super low cost! The first month is free just to try it out!
Yours in health, fitness & business,
Hey did you know that I wrote the ONLY complete training business system designed to help you run a million dollar personal training business?! You can have this same business system that will help you work SMARTER and generate HUGE profits like we do here at Northwest Personal Training. The fee to purchase the Business of Personal Training System can be made up within 1 month of increased PT sales and there are NO recurring franchise or licensing fees. A comparable business system in other industries would require an initial investment of tens of thousands of dollars.